I take my safeguarding online privacy seriously. Please read the whole of this policy carefully as it sets out what information I may collect from you, how I may use it and your rights in respect of my use.
From time to time, I may need to change my privacy statement because of changes in my organisation, legislation or in my attempts to serve your needs better. I will use reasonable efforts to publish any changes to my privacy statement.
Sarah's Handcrafted Cakes is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out regular business activities. I manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Any questions regarding my processing of personal data should be directed to me via email to email@example.com
This policy applies to my processing of data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, from persons located anywhere in the world.
I am guided by the following principles when processing data:
1. I will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; and will make it clear at the point when I request your information, what I am collecting it for and how I am going to use it;
2. I will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; I will minimise the amount of information I collect from you to what I need to deliver the services required;
3. I will collect and use your personal information only if I have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as emailing you with relevant offers and updates, subject to you having provided consent to the same.
4. I will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within this policy, or with your prior consent;
5. I will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and I will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
6. I will apply high technical standards to make my processing of data secure;
7. Except otherwise stated, I will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
The information I may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
1. Personal details
2. Family details
3. Lifestyle and social circumstances
4. Financial details
5. Physical or mental health details
6. Racial or ethnic origin
We will collect information from you when:
1. You contact us for information via our website or social media channels, by phone or email
2. You post on my social media channels or website
3. You work with me in a commercial capacity
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
1. You have consented
2. For the performance of a contract
3. For compliance with a legal obligation which I must perform
4. To protect vital interests of you or another person
5. It is in the public interest
Any health data collected from you has special protection and is limited to that permissible by law.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY & FUTURE PROCESSING
I do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice.
This privacy notice was last updated on 10 OCTOBER 2020.